The diagnostic exams requiring clinical certification generally include the following procedures*:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance angiograms (MRAs)
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans
- Positron emission tomography –computed tomography (PET-CT)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA) scans
- Nuclear medicine
- Nuclear cardiac imaging
- OB ultrasound
- Diagnostic ultrasound (non-Ob)
*Clinical certification of certain procedures can vary by health plan.
In some instances repeat exams for condition treatment or management will require certification. Please check directly with your health plan for specific requirements or contact eviCore’s Customer Service at (800) 918-8924.